Long before the convention centers and star hotels made their scene here in Nepal, Kathmandu was already a meeting hub for outsiders as it was at the center of the thriving trans-Himalayan trade. Kathmandu made an important rendezvous for merchants not only for the exchange of goods but also ideas and philosophies. Over the decades, motorized transportation has replaced the mule caravans, but Kathmandu continues to live up to its legacy as a meeting jaunt. Today, the city boasts international standard meeting facilities, and offers delegates a choice of exciting pre-and post-conference tours to make any conference successful as well as rewarding.
Nepal’s international recognition as an exceptional meeting place dates from 1987 when Nepal successfully held the third SAARC Summit, the annual conclave of the Heads of State or Government of the South Asian region, in Kathmandu. Since then, many regional and international congregations have chosen Nepal as the venue for their deliberation largely because Nepal is the best destination for MICE activities in Asia. They include several Travel Agents Associations of India (TAAI) conventions and PATA Adventure Travel & Ecotourism conferences and marts.
It is not without reason that in repeated polls at Incentive & Business Travel & Meetings exhibitions, Nepal has been ranked as one of the destinations perceived to be “hot” prospect for the meetings and incentives market. You will find everything here that one could possibly look for in holding a successful world-class caucus that starts from a great location to excellent infrastructure, comprehensive high-tech convention facilities and the level of expertise available in staging international events successfully.
And a conference, seminar or special incentive need no longer be held only in the capital city, Kathmandu. Given Nepal’s scenic splendors and unique blend of cultures, a seminar or conference in mountainous Jomsom, or in the hill resort of Nagarkot or Dhulikhel, or in the lake city of Pokhara, or in the plains of Biratnagar or Birgunj can be an experience to cherish.
Why MICE Activities in Nepal
Nepal is one of the best countries for MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Events/Exhibitions) tourism because of several valid reasons.
– Firstly, we offers an exclusive and exotic destination that is suitable for numerous types of events. From the majestic Himalayas to the rich cultural heritage, Nepal has a lot to offer to MICE tourists and visitors. This diversity in natural and cultural resources provides an exceptional settings for any meetings, conferences, and exhibitions.
– Nepal already became a well-developed tourism destination, with modern infrastructure, communication facilities, satisfying accommodations, and transportation services. Major cities like Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Pokhara, and Chitwan have international standard hotels, resorts, and convention centers that can accommodate large groups of people throughout the year.
– Nepal’s rich cultural heritages and respectful local communities provide ample opportunities for incentive travel and social responsibility initiatives as well. Many MICE groups participate in volunteer activities or engage with local communities to give back during their stay.
– Nepal is a safe and peaceful country with great cultural hospitality. Visitors are often struck by the warmth welcoming and hospitality of Nepalese people, which can create a positive and memorable experience for MICE tourists in Nepal.
– Nepal is also known for its affordability compared to other MICE destinations. The country’s cost-effectiveness makes it an attractive destination for companies and organizations looking to host events without breaking the bank.
In summary, Nepal is one of the best countries for MICE tourism due to its unique and exotic destinations, well-developed tourism infrastructures, cost-effectiveness, safety and peace, natural beauties, and ample opportunities for pre and post-event activities. We are always there to assist you and your companies to serve your MICE activities in Nepal.